Government Junior College
This intermediate Govt college at Chintoor is a Telugu medium college with 333 students studying 1st and 2nd year. More than 90% of the students are tribes from very poor financial back ground. They live in social welfare hostels run by Govt. Majority of them are girls. Being an agency area this college is highly neglected with no functional restrooms, drinking water, text books and benches. Majority of them are in biology group and they have no proper career counseling or training towards professional exams.
With the help of our generous donors we are currently undertaking:
- Renovated boys restroom with deep commercial grade cleaning, painting , installed new plumbing lines and doors for privacy.
- Rebuilding Girls restroom with all basic facilities.
- Cleaned and cleared the uneven pathway leading to the restrooms which was filled with shrubs untouched for the last 20 years.
- Provided few text books for the students.
- Instaling RO system for drinking water.
Our next goal for this project is to provide benches for all classrooms.
These are the images taken by Srikanth, our team member during his latest India vist. The college is located right next to ITDA Chintoor wtih whom we are already working in setting up hilltop Tribal bridge school. While interacting with young kids, we found they are very enthusiastic but lacking in basic facilities and Mathrubhumi is trying to fill in the gaps.