The purpose of the Mathrubhumi Scholarship fund is to establish a scholarship
program for the benefit of worthy students of good character who needed
financial aid to assist them in obtaining college education. In addition to our
scholarships, we provide mentorship to students, which connects them to
successful peers and mentors in the community who can help guide them
through their education and career.
Scholarship Range: $2,000 annually. Number of Awards: Approximately 2 per
To be eligible for the scholarship fund, the applicants must:
1. must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. ‘Green Card’ holder (Permanent Resident)
2. have a prior year Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of less than $60,000.
3. be a graduating/graduated student from high school living in the USA with
a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
4. be completing their undergraduate degrees. The scholarship is not for
those receiving a master’s degree or a Ph.D.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
1. Scholastic Ability
2. Financial Need
3. Personal Character
Candidates must submit the completed application packet (please see NOTE below) to the Mathrubhumi Scholarship Committee no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 30,2021 (postmarked). Please do not staple application materials. NOTE: For an application to be deemed complete and considered by the Selection Committee, it must include the following:
1. A completed application form including a signed Information Release Form.
2. Typed essay (1-2 pages) listing all honors and awards you have received in high school and/or college, a description of your career goals, and any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
3. Official high school and/or college transcript.
4. SAT/ACT scores if you are a recent high school graduate.
5. A letter of recommendation from your academic dean, advisor, counselor/mentor, or teacher.
6. Completed application form along with the required documents need to be shipped to: Mathrubhumi Scholarship Committee, 26, Marbella Court, San Antonio, Texas 78257
The Scholarship Selection Committee comprised of the trustees of the fund shall make the selection of each scholarship recipient by conducting interviews with shortlisted scholars and approve for fund disbursement. The scholarship disbursement shall be made available directly to the recipient. The aid must be utilized within one year of the date of the award and the proof should be submitted to Mathrubhumi.